In order to have a clean house, it is necessary to maintain a regular cleaning routine. However, with the rush of everyday life, this is not always possible. As a result, the chance of dirt accumulation can get to a point that is difficult to clean up, and one of the main rooms that suffer from this are the bathrooms. That’s why we’ve brought you 10 tips on how to clean bathroom tile and leave a brand-new environment.
Tile is one of the main tiles chosen to be used in the bathroom. The main reason for the choice is its high resistance to moisture. Thus, it prevents water from penetrating the wall or floor.
Over time, it may be that the gaps between the tiles become grimy or stains appear on the covering itself. So, let’s show you step by step how to solve these problems with products we have at home. As a result, you will see how to clean bathroom tile with:
- How to Clean Bathroom Tile With Vinegar;
- How to clean bathroom tile with vinegar and detergent;
- How to clean bathroom tile with vinegar and lemon;
- How to clean bathroom tile with vinegar and baking soda;
- How to clean bathroom tile with vinegar and salt;
- How to Clean Bathroom Tile with Baking Soda;
- How to Clean Bathroom Tile With Homemade Slime Strip;
- How to Clean Bathroom Tile with Lemon Juice;
- How to clean bathroom tile with bleach;
- How to clean bathroom tile with mild detergent.
How to Clean Bathroom Tile with Vinegar
Vinegar is one of the main ingredients for cleaning, it even helps to clean an iron, did you know? On the other hand, making a mixture with other products, the formula becomes even more powerful.
- First, mix water and vinegar in the same amount and place in a spray bottle;
- Second, spray the solution onto the dirty area of the tile;
- With a sponge or dry cloth, scrub the area until all the dirt is removed;
- Finally, let the tile dry naturally.
Vinegar and detergent
- First, in a spray bottle, add white vinegar and detergent;
- Afterwards, add two measures of water (in relation to the measure of vinegar);
- Shake until the products are well mixed and spray on the tile;
- Use a sponge to remove dirt;
- Finally, dry the area with a damp cloth.
Attention! To have a more efficient result, it is important that the mixture is made using white vinegar. Other variations may have different results.
Vinegar and lemon
- Mix two tablespoons of white vinegar with squeezed lemon (they both need to be the same measure);
- Spread the solution over the greasy tile and scrub with a sponge;
- Finally, wash the area with water and let it dry naturally;
Vinegar and bicarbonate
- First, mix half a cup of white vinegar and half a cup of baking soda;
- Spray the mixture on the dirty place;
- Allow the solution to act for 10 minutes;
- Then use a sponge to scrub the dirty spot;
- Finally, wash the area with soap and water to remove dirt.
Vinegar and salt
- Mix a cup of vinegar, a cup of salt and a cup of hot water;
- Wet the sponge in the solution and apply it to the dirty area;
- Leave to act for 15 minutes;
- Finally, use the sponge itself to clean the area;
How to Clean Bathroom Tile with Baking Soda
- In a bucket, mix water with baking soda to form a paste;
- Then use a sponge to apply the paste to the dirty tile;
- Wait 10 minutes;
- Now, with a clothes brush, scrub the spot;
- Finally, wash the area and dry it with a cloth.
How to Clean Bathroom Tile with Homemade Slime Strip
It is usually easy to find this product ready-made on the market, isn’t it? But, did you know that this mixture can be made at home very simply? Well, the ingredients used are easily found in the supermarket, so check out the step-by-step instructions on how to clean bathroom tile with a slime strip:
- First, mix 350ml of bleach, 350ml of water and 4 scoops of baking soda;
- Spray the solution onto the tile and let it act for 10 minutes;
- Next, scrub the area;
- Finally, wash and dry the region.
How to Clean Bathroom Tile with Lemon Juice
- Make lemon juice by squeezing 4 lemons and adding a small amount of water;
- Put the juice in the spray bottle and apply it to the dirty bathroom tile;
- Allow the mixture to act for 10 minutes and rub the area;
- Finally, wash with water and dry with a clean cloth.
If this amount of lemons was not enough to clean your tile, just repeat the process as many times as necessary.
How to clean bathroom tile with bleach
- First, mix a scoop of bleach with three scoops of water;
- Apply the mixture to the tile using a spray bottle;
- With a sponge, scrub the area;
- Finally, let the place dry naturally.
If you don’t have bleach at home, you can switch to chlorine and follow this same step-by-step guide to cleaning bathroom tile.
How to clean bathroom tile with mild detergent
- First, with the help of a sponge, apply neutral detergent directly to the dirty tile;
- Then scrub the area well;
- Finally, just rinse and let the place dry naturally.
Attention! For the result to be efficient, it is necessary to use neutral detergent. Otherwise, the product’s color may end up making your tile stain worse.
- Always wear gloves when cleaning. Some products and/or mixtures are strong and can dry out your hands;
- Before cleaning, pour a bucket of hot water onto the dirty tile. This will help to soften the dirt.
- If you don’t have a sponge, the item can be replaced with a soft cloth;
- The most practical object to clean the joint is the toothbrush;
- Always start by cleaning the walls so the dirt will run off the floor. As a result, you’ll be cleaning the floor afterwards and the bathroom will be sparkling.
Bathroom Tile Gallery
To close the article with a flourish, we’ve separated a series of tiled bathrooms so you can see how a clean environment makes all the difference in decor. Be it a toilet or a bathroom with a bathtub.
Image 1: A clean, white tiled bathroom is highly satisfying, isn’t it?
Image 2: The white grout on a black tiled wall is very noticeable. So, even though dirt doesn’t show up so much on the tile, it will show up in the grout.
Image 3: To get away from the obvious, placing the tile at a different angle can make all the difference in your decorated bathroom.
Image 4: The colored tiles are on the rise. As a result, it is possible to combine different colors to create a more cheerful and sophisticated environment.
Image 5: The swimming pool blue certainly reminds us of water and, consequently, of bathing. Therefore, there is no better place to put this color than in the bathroom itself.
Image 6: How about choosing a standout single wall in your bathroom? Thus, it is possible to place colored tiles without making the environment cloying.
Image 7: For discreet and minimalist environments, there’s nothing better than the combination of the famous classic coating combined with gray cabinets.
Image 8: The tone on tone of the tiles inside the shower box transformed the bathroom’s stripes into a discreet and refined decoration.
Image 9: Another way to decorate your bathroom is to create a continuous strip of colored tiles that goes from wall to floor.
Image 10: Finally, the white wall with built-in lighting makes all the difference to emphasize the cleanliness of your wall. So it is worth following the step by step how to clean bathroom tile.
Have you thought about taking advantage of the tile flooring and lavishing on creativity and colors? This material allows you to create a series of combinations that will make your bathroom different from all others.
Image 11: This women’s bathroom is even more modern with the position and shape in which the white and pink tiles were blended into the wall.
Image 12: A tip to leave the room decorated is placing the coating used on the central wall in the recessed niche inside the box. If it is illuminated, the place will be even more striking.
Image 13: You don’t have to choose between blue, white, gray and woody. With planning, it is possible to put them all together in a harmonious and creative way.
Image 14: In the case of a double bathroom, where it is not possible to reflect the personality of just one of the residents, it is recommended to use more neutral colors. On the other hand, this doesn’t stop you from forming designs with the tiles.
Image 15: Some tile models already come with paintings in geometric shapes, this helps make decorating your bathroom even easier. After all, the wall already attracts enough attention so that it is not necessary to place pictures or other decorative items.
Image 16: How about a black and white bathroom with the attention fully focused on the floor? This is a discreet way to bring your environment to life.
Image 17: The drawn tile is a more retro decor version. Therefore, decorative items must match this style.
Image 18: To highlight the floor and not mix with the dark green, a horizontal strip of white tile was placed. As a result, the decor was harmonious and the colors were not overloaded.
Image 19: The Portuguese tile is a relic not so easy to find. Therefore, it is used in spaces that will gain prominence in the room, such as the shower wall in the bathroom.
Image 20: Finally, this box features several different styles of designed tiles. As a result, he shows that it is possible to bring together different designs in a single environment.